Learning outside the classroom contribute(s) significantly to raising standards and improving pupils’ personal, social and emotional development.
Tunbridge Wells Museum & Art Gallery offers many cross-curricular learning experiences designed to be educational, practical and fun. Session themes span the entire curriculum, not just history, and are lead by experienced museum educators capable of delivering to any age group.
Museum learning is about creating a real hands-on experience for learners (no matter what their age) and that is why all of our sessions are based on our real collection and most involve the chance to handle real objects and create real art. Sessions can be offered at the Museum or in your classroom – just check the information sheet below to see what is available.
The Museum & Art Gallery offers a series of ‘premade’ sessions, designed to work with the National Curriculum in as many ways as possible. However, these are by no means the only sessions available. Want something you don’t see? Ask, and it will either be designed for you, or found for you at one of our fellow museums. Your experience and needs come first, and the staff at Tunbridge Wells Museum & Art Gallery will work hard to ensure you get exactly what you want.
To make your trip planning easier, we have prepared Risk Assessments for a visit to the Museum or an Outreach session.
Want to know more?
Click on the links below to see and download information sheet for every premade session available, or contact us.
- Archaeology - From Stone to Iron (History) (PDF File - 152.2 KB)
- Dinosaurs & Fossils (PDF File - 135.6 KB)
- Evolution – Darwin, Wallace and the Great Game (Science & History) (PDF File - 137.6 KB)
- Introducing – History! (Topic Introduction) (PDF File - 136.2 KB)
- Life (Science – Classification & Biology) (PDF File - 139.2 KB)
- Local History – Royal Tunbridge Wells (PDF File - 141.1 KB)
- Make it Move (Physics) (PDF File - 153.2 KB)
- Minibeasts (PDF File - 150.9 KB)
- Playtime Past (History) (PDF File - 137.2 KB)
- Tessellated Tunbridge Ware (Maths & Art) (PDF File - 137.6 KB)
- The Ancients – Egypt, Greece & Rome (PDF File - 139.1 KB)
- Victorian Childhood (History) (PDF File - 138.8 KB)
For more information about a school visit to the museum, download our Teacher's Pack (2016) (PDF File - %globals_asset_file_size_readable:9119101)
All of our sessions are available free to schools within the Borough of Tunbridge Wells and for any school visiting the Museum & Art Gallery. Outreach is available outside of the Borough for a small fee.
To book, call: 01892 554171 or email: email@example.com
Our shop has range of goodies linked to the collections and all of our offers and exhibitions – we recommend around £2 spending money per learner if you are so inclined. We can also make goodie bags up for groups in advance, just let us know how much you want to spend and we will do the rest.